Just completed my work on Mac Forensic. I decided to remove the previous “mini-series” and re-post my work.
OS X is a series of Unix-based graphical interface operating systems developed, marketed, and sold by Apple Inc. It is designed to run exclusively on Mac computers. Version of OS X releases:
- Rhapsody Developer Release – 31 Aug 1997
- Mac OS X Server 1.0 (Hera) – 16 Mar 1999
- Mac OS X Developer Preview – 16 Mar 1999
- Public Beta (Kodiak) – 13 Sep 2000
- Mac OS X 10.0 (Cheetah) – 24 Mar 2001
- Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma) – 18 Jul 2001
- Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) – 6 May 2002
- Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) – 23 Jun 2003
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) – 4 May 2004
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) – 26 Jun 2006
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) – 9 Jun 2008
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) – 20 Oct 2010
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 16 Feb 2012
* source from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X
OS X originally was developed and ran on PowerPC-based Macs. In 2006, Macs developed a version of OS X 10.4 for ‘Intel’ system. In 2007, 10.5 “Leopard” was first to run on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) was the first version of OS X to replace PowerPC Macs with Intel Macs. Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” was the first version of OS X to drop support for 32-bit Intel processors and run on 64-bit Intel CPUs.
Mac Products (as of Mar 2013)
- MacBook Air 11 inch (default with 64 GB /128GB SSD)
- MacBook Air 13 inch (default with 128GB/ 256GB SSD)
- MacBook Pro 13 inch (default with 500GB/ 750GB HDD)
- MacBook Pro 15 inch (default with 500GB HDD)
- MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina Display (default with 128GB/ 256GB SSD)
- MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina Display (default with 256GB/ 512GB SSD)
- Mac Mini (default with 500GB/1TB HDD, or 2X1TB HDD)
- iMac 21.5 inch (default with 1TB HDD)
- iMac 27 inch (default with 1TB HDD)
** for more details, please refer to apple.com.
Apple products also includes “Mac Pro” computers and a variant of “Mac Mini” running OS X server operating system. There is also a hacking project to run OS X on non-apple computer computers and these computers are known as “Hackintosh”. However this is not licensed by Apple and may be illegal in some countries.